10.26.2010

Noah's Big Boy Room... in progress

We are going to start converting our front bedroom into Noah's big boy room! After consulting my interior designer (the acclaimed Aunt Di-Di) and some perusing on the internet, not to mention consulting the Big Boy himself, we have settled on a car theme. The room is currently a beautiful blue, and Diana suggested that I paint large white horizontal stripes, something like this:

The problem is, I went shopping for fabric today and I'm not sure the blue will match, so we might be back to painting the whole room. Here's a picture of the fabric we found:

The red is mainly for the drapes, which will be grommet-style on a rod, ceiling-to-floor solid red drapes. We'll use a little of the red for piping and accents on the duvet, which will be made with the stripes and accented with the navy cars fabric. I'll also use that for pillows! We plan to make some appliques to use on pillows, like they did in this picture that was my main inspiration:
 Anyway, I have lots of talented cousins and friends and such, so if you have any great ideas, please share! I'll be hiring my artist husband to hand-sketch some shots of vintage hot rods to hang on the wall, and I'm going to get some shelving from IKEA to hold some bins for toys, etc. Can't wait to move Noah to his new room!

2 comments:

Diana said...

uh, you still better do the stripes!!

Nana said...

you neglected to mention your seamstress