One thing I love about my in-laws is that I never know what to expect. If you've never been around Chris' family before, I'm telling you, it can be a riot... and you never know what you'll end up doing. We've had grown-up hula-hooping contests which turn into hula-hooping WITHOUT a hula hoop (super hilarious, btw), leg-wrestling competitions on the living room floor, dance-offs to Katy Perry songs, entire conversations centered around a football game as a metaphor for sex, and we've even watched my father-in-law allow his sons to shave his chest hair. However, I think last night takes the cake. After a nice, normal family dinner at a little Italian restaurant, I learn that our cousin Aarika, an esthetician, was heating some wax at Steph's apartment so she could wax the girls' eyebrows. I jumped on that bandwagon and dragged Chris and the kids over there for some excellent eyebrow shaping! But first: we somehow convinced Jimmy and Chris to wax their noses. Yep, that's right--some may go bar hopping or clubbing, but we prefer nose waxing on a Thursday evening.
As seven adults and two children gathered in Steph's bathroom to witness the excitement, Aarika pulled the wax out of Chris' nose. He let out a dramatic yell (he later said his eyebrow wax hurt worse than the nose)--and Noah started BAWLING! I had trouble calming Noah down; he was just sure Daddy was going to die. Can someone explain this kid's insecurities to me?! Anyway, we got Noah settled down watching Ice Age and continued our fun evening. You can thank me for sparing you the picture of the stick with Chris' nose hair. We convinced the guys to get their eyebrows touched up, too, and Chris was so inspired that he came home last night and shaved his moustache and goatee! He looks so good!
Aarika did a nice job on my brows, too :)

1 comment:
omg aarika told me about that. so hilarious!!! the nose actually doesnt really hurt, just feels totally weird. chris' reaction in the picture is priceless! :)
Post a Comment