2.24.2014

2014 Ladies' Retreat


I am still recovering from the happy, satiated exhaustion from our annual church ladies' retreat last weekend! I was on the committee again this year, and we chose a new location, Cedar Mountain Lodge in Scurry, Texas. 

I drove my friend Kelly and our minister's wife Kay out to Scurry on Friday afternoon, and boy, was it a true RETREAT. Beautiful property with a nice lodge, plus a B&B and a treehouse. We all set up and went to dinner at La Pradera in Kaufman, which had great food but was lacking in service. Not sure they knew what to do with 45 women! When we returned, I led singing and then another lady gave a devotional. Following this, we had GAMES! Marlo and I were in charge of these, so we had lots of fun seeing how much everyone else enjoyed the games we planned. 
Playing "Me, Too!"
After games and talking, some of us went out to try the huge hot tub and/or the nearby fire pit. We stayed up too late, of course, and finally crashed in the rooms (I shared with Lisa and Brianna). Unfortunately, most of the lodge was awakened at 5:45 a.m. by one of the dogs barking a steady beat outside the window. Even though the owner chased him down, it was practically time to get up, anyway. There was an optional devotional by the fire scheduled for 7 a.m., and people kept trickling in until 7:30. What a great way to start our day!
Sunrise


We discussed the fruit of the Spirit


Breakfast was delicious, definitely not Weight Watchers (we won't talk about that...), and then we began the day of fellowship and study. The director of Noah's preschool, Danielle, was our guest speaker, and she did an excellent job! The lessons were about being superwomen, and she approached it from many angles. We had some breaks, lunch and games, and ended with some thank-you gifts, a song and a prayer. 



I provided the cupcakes... by contracting Stephanie, of course! YUM!


That afternoon, eleven of us stayed to try zip-lining on the property! I had never done it, and I know it's usually awesome to do in some really scenic, exotic location, but I'll take what I can get! I had a really good time, and even (intentionally) flipped upside down for a few seconds on the last line.






I was sorry for the weekend to go so quickly. I am already looking forward to next year's retreat with my sisters in Christ!


View the full album HERE

No comments: