11.29.2016

Turkey Baby

Oh my goodness. What a week this has been! My posts will have to be out of order because I FINALLY have gone through the pictures from Thursday and wanted to share those first!

Wednesday morning Stephanie had her routine check-up and said everything was looking good; not much to indicate that Henry would be coming soon. A couple of hours later I got a call from her with this question: "Um... did your water break before you went to the hospital with either kid?" I responded, "No...why do you ask?!" Sure enough, Steph's water had broken and it was time to head to the hospital. I couldn't believe it--it looked like we were going to have another special Thanksgiving baby in the family! What are the odds??

Poor Steph was in labor for a long time. They had to give her Pitocin to help the contractions, and that night we went by after church and she was really feeling them. Fortunately, she got her epidural and was able to labor through the night relatively comfortably. Michael's parents and Rachel stayed in the waiting room all night long! Drew and Jamie went home but barely slept. I slept fitfully, checking my phone for updates. Finally, at 5 a.m., I texted Michael to see if there was any news. She was ready to start pushing! I caught a ride with Drew, Jamie and Charmaine, who happened to be in town from California for all the excitement. We got breakfast and waited for hours to hear something. Michael finally texted his mom that Henry had arrived at 7:01 a.m. weighing 7 lbs. and measuring 20" long. He and Stephanie were both healthy and we could see them soon! 

Michael's parents and Stephanie's parents


Henry's Aunt Rachel (Michael's sister hiding) and Uncle Drew and Aunt Jaki (Michael's brother and his wife)

Me with Charmaine!

Jamie and Audrey anxiously waiting!

Getting to hear about Henry's birth

Looks a little relieved!
 
Henry's cousins couldn't WAIT to meet him!

I don't think the birth of a new baby will ever lose its excitement!

Finally, we all crowded into Stephanie's room to see her and soon, they wheeled Henry in.





Crowds of adoring fans


Are they OLD enough to have four grandchildren?!


First-time grandfather!







This reminds me of Chris' face when Noah was born!

It must be the "new dad" look















Noah holds his third cousin in 15 months!






Motherhood looks beautiful on her!


He's just so perfect! Looks a little like his daddy, from what we can tell. 

Welcome to the family, 
Henry Averyt Rix

No comments: