7.17.2017

Davis Jeffrey

This past weekend was slated to be a fun one but we didn't anticipate just how great a weekend it would turn out to be! We are finally through with VBS and the rest of the summer stretches before us. Bella's first birthday party was Saturday afternoon, and I took lots of photos and enjoyed celebrating a whirlwind year of Bella Blaire. (More on that later!) While we were at the party, I could hear my phone dinging with texts and ringing off in another room but just figured I'd check later. Then Chris got a call and handed me the phone--it was my sister. Right away I thought, "Contractions." When my parents were in Tanzania a couple of months ago, I got a similar call from Diana because she was having persistent contractions and needed to go to the hospital so they could monitor her. I figured it might be something similar, because even though she was 38 weeks along, it's UNHEARD OF in my family to have a baby BEFORE its due date! Ha! Leave it to Diana to change the status quo. Anyway, my parents were unavailable at the moment and she needed me to come get Beau so they could get it checked out. Her contractions were less than four minutes apart so she was a little concerned about getting to the hospital, 40 minutes away from her new house. Chris and I left immediately and Beau was thrilled to see us and get to come play with his cousins! 

Sure enough, they admitted Diana and things were progressing toward delivery! Wow! Beau went to my parents' house for the night but I didn't get much sleep--I kept hoping for updates from Mark but he was apparently sleeping soundly at the hospital (insert eye roll). Sunday morning came and I was just SURE that baby was almost here, but it sounded like she had labored all night and still wasn't having him anytime soon. Then, as we're going back and forth about whether to head to the hospital or to church, things started happening. Mark sent vague texts that left me with more questions about how close they were to having the baby. Finally, we went to church with plans to at least attend Bible class before heading to Plano with Mom and Beau (Dad was leading singing). As soon as we walked in the door, we got a text from Mark: "He's here!"

When we arrived, we went right in to meet the sweet little guy. He weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz, a full two pounds less than Beau did at birth! He has a full head of dark hair and had his eyes open quite a bit. Mark and Diana introduced him as Davis Jeffrey. Mark's middle name is also Jeffrey, so it's quite fitting that he looks so much like his daddy.




Davis brought Beau a present!










Look at his cleft chin!










Beau was slightly curious but didn't want to be forced into meeting the baby. There was too much else going on!



When the nurse came to take Davis for a few tests, Beau wasn't so sure about letting him leave, though!


Peanut Gallery



My kids wore masks since Noah had just recovered from a possible cold.








We went out for lunch and met up with Dad, then I returned with my parents for a few more minutes of snuggles. Dad told our church about Davis' birth but also announced, "I guess I have to go to Plano to find out his name." Always with the jokes ;)




Welcome to the family, Davis! You got a good one!

No comments: