10.07.2019

Fall Fun Fest

Saturday was the elementary school's annual Fall FunFest! I put a few finishing touches on the kids' costumes last week, so they were in character.


Michael Jackson from the Thriller music video was holding nothing back.


 If you've been around this ten-year-old lately, you are not at all surprised that he specifically chose to go as Michael Jackson this year. He has been working on his moves for months, studying lots of YouTube videos and cranking the volume up on his computer speakers. 


I found a women's red jacket at the thrift store. It had the fake leather shoulders and wrists, but I rummaged through my mom's fabric stash to find more fake leather to complete the look. (Thanks, Mom, for sewing it all on!) I also found girls' red skinny jeans in a bigger size... but shhh, I didn't tell him they are girls' pants. He already had the shoes, and borrowed the hat from Uncle Michael!

Audrey, on the other hand, had to work really hard to stay in character for her costume this year, ha!



I find it funny that she worked to make this angelic face... such an actress!



Her costume was one of the choices I picked out for her at JBF. It was her favorite, hands down! The angel wings weren't part of it, but I found them on Amazon for a great price. Her lovely crown braid is courtesy of Aunt Funny (Stephanie), and I used lots of gold glitter for the makeup and hair detail!


They had fun at the festival, and especially enjoyed sharing it with cousins Henry, Beau and Davis! 


No comments: