6.19.2008

Big news...

Tuesday was my scheduled monthly appointment at 18 weeks, and my doctor had previously told me we would do the next ultrasound at my 22-week appointment. Chris and I were so anxious to find out whether I was carrying baby Audrey or baby Noah, so we decided to chance it and Chris came along. I made some cookies for the doctor and we just crossed our fingers that we could talk him into taking a peek at the baby! Sure enough, it worked, much to the chagrin of the very grouchy sonographer. All the organs and limbs and things are present, including the one that was a sure indication that this would be baby Noah! Chris couldn't keep the huge grin off his face all day. Although I was leaning toward wanting a girl, I am glad Noah is healthy and am starting to get excited about a baby boy. I'm not really sure I know what to do with a boy, but I think I'll figure it out. I have plenty of people to ask if I don't know! Noah is going to have plenty of cousins and friends at church to play with. Here are the recent sonogram pictures: This is his head (on the left) - you can see the eye sockets and face.


Here are Noah's little feet, with the toes pointed toward the right. I'm afraid he may inherit Chris's flat feet!


Supposedly this is the picture of his "boy parts." You can see the leg bone clearly, and there's a little hand pointing to the evidence.


This picture is really cool; on the left is his belly (according to Chris) and then you see his arm, elbow at the top of the picture, with his hand (the really white part) in front of his face!


Here he is looking straight at us; you can see both eyes and his little chin!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yay!!! You have a blog! I love having blogger friends. :)