Is it too soon to be counting down to d-day? Tomorrow I will be 33 weeks along... wow! I think I'm starting the "nesting" process I keep reading about skeptically as I relax on my couch in my not-so-tidy house. Beatriz came over yesterday to clean my house since my parents didn't need her, and I couldn't help myself from cleaning and organizing too! I actually spent ALL DAY on my feet, doing anything that came to mind. I have already labeled most of my maternity clothes for the next person, plus I cleaned the closet out, filed TONS of paperwork dating back to July, washed sheets, towels, and clothes, Resolved the spots on the carpet (only some are still, unfortunately, unresolved), and even ironed clothes DAYS in advance of actually wearing them! I definitely suffered for it all later, though. Talk about sore all over, plus those fun side cramps from Noah's weight. What I love is Chris's reaction: "Angela, you need to take it easy. You're overdoing it." This is in stark contrast to his usual refrain, "This house is such a mess." I just can't make him happy!
Speaking of happy, I went to Shoe Pavilion today (they're going out of business... cha-ching!) and found TWO pair of great shoes, only $30 total! I asked Chris if that's what he meant by taking it easy. One pair is ballet flats, red with red satin ribbons kind of woven through the toes. SO cute... maybe I'll have to lose the brace just so I can wear them soon. The other is my motivation pair... red leather high heels with tiny little bows at the toes. The guy at the checkout was my student at AHS my first year! I was so confused; I asked him if he was still in school (b/c I thought he might have dropped out or something) and he said he was, which confused me more b/c it was 2:30. But then I realized he's in COLLEGE, which means he GRADUATED... wow. Makes me feel old. That's what does it, not having a baby or realizing that my parents are about to be grandparents. Or thinking that the next big thing I want to save for is new carpet or tile for the house. That would be soooo great... my carpet is in such bad shape already... anyone want a very friendly, definitely not de-clawed cat??? Anyone?
1 comment:
He better get used to the mess :) How much longer is Shoe Pavilion open? I doubt they have much left to choose from. We hit the mall today.
Post a Comment