1.18.2010

Little Boy

Noah is coming up on 14 months and is quickly becoming quite the personality. He loves to dance and often points to his radio, signaling that he wants some music. He squeals with delight when he sees anyone he knows and loves, particularly his grandparents, aunts and uncle. He goes from toy to toy, seeming to try to play with each in a short time period. He says a few words, such as "more," "Daisy," "kitty cat," "bye," "hi," "Mama," and "Dada." One of the funniest things to witness is when an unsuspecting dog or cat allows him to come close enough to throw his body on it, pinning it helplessly to the ground as Noah "cuddles" and rubs his face into its fur. He's fortunate that he has only come across fairly good-natured pets thus far!

He can also be a bit of a pill. He is a practiced whiner, and seems to keep up the whining for hours on end, driving me a little crazy. He has lately started pinching and scratching faces, so his Daddy will thump his hand hard and Noah will cry out in shock and pain with an astounded expression: "WHY would you do that to ME??" While he's getting more strong-willed and challenging, it is also neat to see his personality and individuality developing. Here's a picture that helps illustrate his newfound mischievous side!





On another note, Chris had Intralasik a little over a week ago and so far is a happy customer. He is seeing 20/15 and is loving waking up at night with perfect vision! I am slightly jealous but also not sure if A) my eyesight could be fixed as easily as his, and B) it would be worth it to me when I consider the dry eyes, multiple series of drops (hello! mascara?!), and the first 4 hours or so of extreme discomfort Chris was in. Then again, he is kind of a baby about that stuff.

I have been doing a lot of work up at church lately; my fellow committee members and I are FINALLY doing some much-needed improvements and upgrades to the nursery and have also created a mothers' room for nursing mothers and bottle-feeding mothers. It's really exciting that our church has grown to have these needs, and it's so great to see all the changes being implemented! It will make things so much better with the next baby.... (don't get excited. No plans yet.) Also, this year I am helping with LTC (Leadership Training for Christ) chorus as always, but we have split the group into two choruses and I am directing the high school group. It's a lot of fun and I am excited about the potential of the group. We perform/"compete" Easter weekend, so we've got a few months of work ahead of us.

And finally, Chris and I have been busy with painting the interior of our house an "Aztec gold." It turned out beautiful and I am so happy to be rid of the awful scratched-up walls with the original builder's paint! We got it finished just in time to enjoy before we go on our upcoming ski trip to Breckenridge with ten of our good friends! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Haha, that little stinker making a mess. It could (and will) be a lot worse. :)