Link to MHS 2011 Show
We also stopped by our friends Jace and Joy's house after the game to see some band friends from Chris' class. It is crazy seeing them ten years later.
Saturday was TCU's Homecoming! I went to rehearsal by myself to see some friends and watch the band perform part of their show without all the football noise and distraction. So great!
Link to a portion of TCU's 2011 show
We came back up in time for Noah and I to march (with my good friend Angie) into the stadium with the band and other alumni.
| Sharon waits for the band to begin the parade |
The pace was a bit quicker than it used to be!
We then joined the band on the field for the traditional pre-game show with the alumni band.
| Cooling off by a football fan |
| The band takes the field! |
| Alumni band (you can see my boots) |
Noah loved standing on the sideline for a close-up of all the action: the Showgirls, the band, the colorguard, the National Anthem... everything was gravy until I started to pull him onto the field for our part. We had a few tears and some reassurances, and then he continued to enjoy the experience.
| No longer crying here... |
I'm a bit ashamed to admit that we left after halftime, but in my defense... the score was 41-0 at that point (69-0 was the final); we had to clean up for Chris' reunion at 6 p.m.; our seats are directly in front of the speakers that blast music and other high-volume racket for the entire stadium (and we're sick of it); and, Noah had not yet napped.
| Noah at Frog Fountain |
| Kissing the Horned Frog for good luck |
1 comment:
I wish my reunion was that way! All the popular kids still looked girl, and I was still the class fat girl! Hopefully by 20 years, I'll look so much better! :)
Post a Comment