Actually, we spent the morning of the infamous Tornado Tuesday at the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens for their special annual butterfly exhibit.
Noah carried his "map" of butterflies
Mamie let Noah take a picture
This is the smile I get for pictures
Jamie and my mom
Noah's butterfly stamp, so we could get back in
Goofy smile. He thinks this is a posed picture.
24 weeks!
Finding roly polies
The next four pictures were my attempt to get a good one of Noah with the butterfly topiary.
CLICK to see all pictures from Botanic Gardens
Mom and I met Stephanie and Dad for lunch downtown after the butterflies, then headed back home. Dad called as we were on the road and said there are some tornado warnings, so we got to Mom's and I went inside for a bit to wait it out. We watched the weather and they were extremely hyper about all the activity in Dallas, but not much going on in our area. In fact, the tornado warning expired at 1:30, so Noah and I headed home then to avoid the impending hailstorm. Sure enough, as soon as I got on the road, Mom called and said that a tornado had just been reported in Kennedale (like 2 miles from her) and that it was headed toward Arlington, so hurry home! Apparently that tornado crossed over 287 just two exits north of where I got on to head home (south, luckily).
This exit sign is was only two exits north of my parents' house.
The tornado must have been right behind me as I drove home.
We got home and Noah napped through the thunder, hail and tornado sirens while I kept an eye on the weather.
approximation, to show you how close it was to sweeping me off the road!
No one I know had any damage to their homes, amazingly, and despite the reported 11 or more tornadoes in the Metroplex, there were no fatalities or serious injuries. I heard almost everyone on the news say they were in their homes praying for God's protection, so it is a true blessing that all human lives were spared.
The EF-2 tornado that hit Arlington was 400 yards wide
That's not to say that there wasn't major damage all around--I'm sure you've heard everything on the news, so I'll spare you the details. Some of the best pictures I found are included. (I'm not a crazy person who gets out in this weather to take pictures!)
No comments:
Post a Comment