4.23.2013

Catching up in Pictures

What a whirlwind of events the past week or two! Not only have we been busy, but also the country has been shaken by the Boston Marathon bombings a week ago yesterday and the massive fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas (only an hour or so from us). I uploaded some pictures and videos from my phone and video camera, and have been meaning to blog about them, but now it will just be a random hodgepodge of stuff. Better late than never!

We recently moved Noah into a booster and Audrey into a convertible car seat, so we can no longer carry her in the car seat that comes out of the car.


That means I resorted to this with my sleepy baby at Target.
Although Noah still naps regularly, occasionally we skip a nap in order to run errands, etc. Sometimes they both make up for it. On this particular cool day, I left them in the car with the door open to the house so I could hear when they woke up...
Audrey was the first to wake up!
A rare bath for Addie, followed by one for our basset hound Daisy. (Audrey would jump right in that tub if she could figure out how.) This was a couple of weeks ago, and unfortunately, this was the night we believe Daisy ruptured a disc in her back. She went on a course of painkillers, muscle relaxers and steroids, and is doing better for the most part. Sadly, she will never be the same playful, bouncy dog she was before! She'll be seven in August.
We went to the annual TCU Spring Game and Meet the Frogs, and I was super-excited to see one of the most prestigious TCU former quarterbacks, Andy Dalton!
He is currently the Bengals starting QB and has been celebrated in Cincinnati and nationwide for his skills and character.

Here's a video of Audrey in a happy, giggling mood the other day:

Saturday, Chris and I took the kids and joined Drew, Jamie and Stephanie for a bicycle ride along the Trinity Trails in Fort Worth. The weather was beautiful but VERY windy, and on our way back, just as we were riding past a construction area on the trail, the wind gusted and blew the orange temporary "snow fencing" directly into my path, ensnaring my handlebars and pulling my bike down. That all happened in a split second, and I sort of leaped off the bike as it went down, catching the brunt of the impact on my left side.

My hand is still very sore and oozing. Lovely, huh?


Despite my painful injuries, I would never pass up an opportunity to cheer on the Texas Rangers! Stephanie won tickets at work and graciously invited us to join her and Michael. My Aunt Ninny teased me that I was brave to go out after such bad luck on my bike, and she asked if I was hit by a foul ball! Funny enough, one of the first foul balls of the night came soaring right at me and slammed into the seat in front of me. 
I don't recall walking under any ladders or crossing a black cat's path on Saturday...



Our generous benefactors!

No comments: