4.03.2013

A Different Mommy

A couple of days ago, I was being a mean mommy and FORCING my four-year-old to dress himself. I know--the humanity! Noah was griping and whining about having to at least TRY to zip his own pants. When he accomplished this, I cheered, but he pouted. Since he had a bad attitude, I made him help me pick up some things in the living room. Noah didn't like having to help, so I asked him, "Do you live here?" He refused to answer, and I told him that since he lives here, he has to help. He then quietly said, "I want a different Mommy." I looked at him for a minute, then walked out of the room. He ran after me, yelling, "What are you going to do with me?!?" I said nothing, except, "Come here." I walked into the bathroom, intending for him to brush his teeth. As he watched me retrieve his toothbrush and toothpaste, he really panicked! He started screaming and crying, "I DO want to live here, Mommy! I do!!!" I couldn't keep from laughing! Crazy child with a wild imagination--he thought I was packing his things to move him out!

Hope he doesn't grow up and need therapy.

2 comments:

The King Family said...

Not too much. :) Colton has told us he wants to be alone and not have family when he is mad. Cassidy has wanted to run away...to Nana's. Cooper, he'll just probably set the house on fire :)

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

oh my word!!! hilarious!!!