Jamie gave us chocolate bars from See's Candies for Christmas, and I had two squares of one the other day and then wrapped it up and left it on the living room end table.
This morning, Chris put cartoons on for Audrey while he showered and got ready for work, and when I got up shortly after, she was innocently sitting on the couch with her cereal. After she had a bath and was playing in her room, I was turning out the lights and saw this:
I called to Audrey, "Audrey?? Did you eat Mommy's chocolate?"
...and the response I got was totally unexpected.
Audrey burst into tears and slammed her door shut!
I went into her room to see if something had simultaneously happened to make her start crying, but she just stood there, sobbing and watching me. I said, "Audrey, did you eat some of this?" and she just cried harder.
I guess her guilty conscience got to her! She was probably hoping I wouldn't notice. After all, she didn't eat the whole thing!

No comments:
Post a Comment