9.09.2015

Introducing Baby B!

Yesterday morning I noticed a text message from 11:50 the night before from my sister. It read, "We're here!" That could only mean one thing... baby B was finally going to make his entrance!

I took Noah to school and dropped Audrey at Mamie's since I already planned to attend a funeral, and Mamie had agreed to take Audrey to Meet the Teacher at her preschool. After the funeral, I met my parents at my MeeMaw's house nearby and we went from there to the hospital for a LONG wait as my sister delivered this whopping 9 lb., 7 oz., 22-1/4" baby boy!

Anxiously waiting all afternoon!

Cookies and milk served! How cool is that?

Diana and Mark with their sweet boy, less than an hour old!
We were so excited to finally learn his name, which had been kept top secret. So, without further adieu, I introduce to you:

Beau Andrew Buchanan 









After we met Beau and spent some time admiring him, we left to give the new parents some time and rest. Later, we ran into Mark, who told us they had given Beau his first bath and that we could go see him in the nursery! 

Side note: Dad's camera phone kept cracking us up because it was so loud!

Later that evening, Chris and the kids made the trip so we came back for a brief visit. Mark's parents were there, and I snapped this one of Ian with the first Buchanan grandson!


As soon as Chris had Beau, Audrey was holding out her hands to hold him!





Uncle Chris

Aunt GiGi!
I couldn't possibly be more excited to finally be an aunt and to hold this sweet nephew!

I may need to tone it down a bit, though. Noah told me last night, "I don't want you to be an aunt, because you won't be a mom anymore!" and, "Great, now you're going to spend all your time with the baby and not with us."

1 comment:

Diana @ wonderfully made. said...

bahahaha you didn't tell me about Noah's comments! He doesn't need to worry...and you can come soak up all the aunt time you want! Beau is so excited to FINALLY be a nephew!!!