3.20.2017

Flowerbeds: From Blah to Aha!

Almost two years ago, we purchased our dream house in the country. Well, it wasn't our dream house quite yet, but had so much potential! Since then, we've been tackling project after project as time and budget allow. One thing, though, kept creeping to the top of my list, even though I knew it was purely cosmetic and not at all functional... these horrid, gigantic, eyesore flower beds! It's a project I was dreading, and Chris has a lot of talents and knowledge but I wouldn't say landscape design is his forte. Some things fell into place and I got a quote from our favorite lawn guy, JC Carson with Forever Green... a few weeks later, our flower beds are transformed and I couldn't be happier!!!

BEFORE: bedroom window 

AFTER: Bedroom Window






BEFORE: west side view

AFTER: west side view

After: southwest corner



BEFORE: front
AFTER: front



BEFORE: Dining room window
AFTER: Dining room window with my new Texas whitebud tree!



BEFORE: Garage windows
AFTER: Garage windows
 

 JC met with us to go over a plant list but we basically told him we want super low-maintenance, heat-tolerant, Texas natives and just work with our budget... we are blown away!



JC even transplanted the pretty purple Wandering Jew from the flower beds to this lovely spot under a tree. 
I love it!
It's a great reminder of how far this house has come in two years.


 
Now, on to the next project... :)

BEFORE

AFTER



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Looks like a million bucks! Happy for y'all to have this transformation done.