This year's Field Day was right before Spring Break, and we lucked out with beautiful (though windy) weather!
It was a tricky year, being the first time Chris and I were bouncing all over the place to try to see both kids' events.
We started with third grade scooter board races.
I can't remember for sure, but I think Noah came in third.
Next was third grade bean bag toss!
| Noah's teacher Mrs. Bhakta gives him some last-minute tips! |
| Noah placed second in the bean bag toss |
We hustled back to the gym to see the kindergarten scooter board races.
I think Audrey was third in this event as well.
Next we watched some of the third grade tug-o-war. They get to go several times because it's set up in a bracket system to determine the overall champion!
Noah's class won second place overall!
Next was kindergarten bean bag toss. Mom and Chris were recruited to hand out ribbons.
| Our little southpaw |
I believe Audrey was fourth place, which is the ribbon Mom was passing out!
We then went over to see kindergarten tug-o-war! Go, team purple!
| Audrey talking to her buddy Jude |
Audrey's class was the Kindergarten Tug-o-War Champion!
The first afternoon event we watched was third grade sack races.
Next we cheered for Noah in the 75-yard dash!
I think he ended up third but it was almost a tie with second place.
Kindergarten was up for sace races, so we headed back to that area.
Third grade went to the gym for the "javelin" throw, and we managed to catch Noah's heat.
Kindergarten 75-yard dash was entertaining! The kids didn't really run in a straight line and they seemed not to know how far away the finish line was. Audrey had told me that she was really good at this race, so I was excited to see her possibly win!
| She started out so strong and fast! |
| But right before our eyes, she started to slow down... |
| She started grabbing her thigh and I was thinking she was cramping or pulled something! |
| We soon realized, however, that it was much worse. The candy she had purchased during snack time could have fallen out! |
| However, Audrey sacrificed the race to save her candy. |
Audrey's "javelin" throw was next, and she did great!
Field Day was such a blast and the kids were both worn out by the end of the day.
We headed out for a weekend camping trip right when they got home.
I'll have the camping trip posted sometime soon, so check back!
1 comment:
Did Noah have on shin guards under those socks??
Post a Comment