6.01.2009
Ah, Motherhood
Well, I don't want to say a lot about this but I am really learning some of the sacrifices you have to make as a mother. You also find out how much your friends really want you around when you have a baby attached. It seems that a life with children could mesh well with a former life of good friends and good times, but apparently they are two different worlds. I know that some people have experienced that, but others may not understand it until they have kids themselves. I love, love, love being a mom and it's the most important thing to me, but I do miss having time for myself and just enjoying spending weekends with the girls. While some may think so, I can't just leave motherhood behind for a few days of fun and come back to it unscathed. I'm just ready for the day when my friends and I will all truly be adults and be able to focus on the things that are most important: God, family, friends, and just enjoying life and each other. I thought that by 25 I would feel all grown up, but sometimes things feel like high school all over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Girl, I know how you feel. Why do you think I sit at home all the time? Not many of my friends have kids. Today I just started crying because I'm so burned out from everything. Think you know who is going to offer the watch the kids so I can escape? We have to get together more often-we're in the same boat!
And y'all can come down to Houston for a weekend away...with the kids. :)
you're awesome, Mel! Will do!
Post a Comment