6.05.2009
My Latest Rant
Okay, in the last couple of days, two people have contacted Chris wanting to set up a meeting to "talk" about something. It's pretty obvious that these people want to pitch him something or sell something that we most likely don't know we "need," otherwise they would have told him what it is. What's really annoying to me is that both of these people can barely be classified as acquaintances, and yet both are suddenly his BFF and wanting to share something really great. Ugh! You know, we have some friends who called us once out of nowhere and asked if we could come over right away because they had something they wanted to tell us. We were naive, thinking it was an announcement that they were pregnant or got some great job or something really cool, but it turned out to be a sales pitch for this crazy expensive pyramid-scheme crap. I was soooo mad at the time, but now I see that this is the new trend. People prey on your politeness by asking you to give them a few minutes of time to tell you about something, then they pressure you to invest in something worthless. This one guy called Chris at work and was wanting to meet with him; when Chris asked who he was, he was like, "I attend church with you." Chris felt embarrassed b/c he didn't recognize the name, so he called me. I can't believe this guy had the nerve to say that! He comes to our church maybe three times a year! His parents don't even attend regularly. I mean, when he is there, he doesn't seek us out to say hello or anything. Yet he has the gumption to use the church directory and get Chris's number to try to pitch him some scheme. Chris told him he might be able to talk to him after church on Sunday, and the guy kind of balked at that! Guess it wasn't worth going to church to make the sale. PLEASE don't fall for this stuff from anyone you know... it is the ultimate insult, in my opinion, to subject friends to these stupid schemes. I am not a friend to someone who does this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment