11.30.2010

Give Thanks

I know it's a few days late, but I've been a bit busy the past several days... don't even go there. Anyway, I wanted to share what I am thankful for this year, along with some pictures from the big T-day!

I am thankful that my wonderful husband of 4 1/2 years works so hard so that I can be home with Noah and raise him to the best of my ability. I am incredibly grateful to God for my wonderful family, including the best in-laws one could possibly ask for and their loving, generous extended family. Their cousins just moved here from California and we are so happy to be closer to them, both physically and through all the time we are able to spend together. It is also such a blessing to have the technology to be able to talk face-to-face with many family members, including Noah's great-grandparents, whom he has come to know and recognize so well via the computer. I am thankful for Noah, and that he is a healthy, strong, outgoing, precious little boy who has exceeded all my expectations. I am appreciative of the house I have and all of the material blessings, and I try to stop myself from constantly wanting more and better when I think of how blessed and rich we truly are, compared to most of the world and many living here in America. Most of all, I am thankful for the sacrifice God made so that I and everyone who believes and obeys can have so much more to look forward to after our short time on earth. We sang this song Sunday in church, and the words bring tears to my eyes every time:

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure,
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure.

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory.

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders,
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers.

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me life;
I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything,
No gifts, no power, no wisdom,
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart:
His wounds have paid my ransom.


Noah and Sharon


Stephanie, Tracy, Aarika

Thanksgiving


1 comment:

Sharon said...

What a beautiful post. We are so grateful that we now have the opportunity to spend time with you all. And your son ...omg, the cutest thing and you and Chris are wonderful parents. You really are an amazing mother who is raising a beautiful child.