5.22.2011

The After-Party

Make sure you read my post below about my cousin Anne's wedding yesterday!

This is just a quick post about the after-parties...

Last night, my parents invited the in-town Bennetts to their house for a casual barbecue and sauna party (it was soooo humid yesterday, but we braved it out by the pool). Not all of the family was able to make it to town for the wedding, but it was still great to see the ones who came! My aunt Lynn and her husband Butch rented a van and brought a load of family with them from Missouri and Arkansas. Isn't that classic? I would love to hear the conversations during that 7 hour trip. They brought Aunt Jan-Jan (Janet), Ally and Drew (who are expecting a baby boy! What is it with my cousins and boys?!), and Uncle Tuna (Dan). Also in town briefly for the wedding were my dad's brother Tony and his wife Linnea, plus their sons Andrew (I heard a rumor he's looking at TCU... mental note to facebook him...) and Josiah and his wife Tina... and precious baby Gabriel! Gabe is 7 months old now and was sooo good-natured and BEAUTIFUL! I grabbed him as soon as Matt and Anne marched back up the aisle... I had to get my hands on that sweet boy! Anyway, it was great to see everyone and rehash the fun while sweating in my parents' backyard.

Aunt Jan Jan, Aunt Lynn, and Aunt Kay Kay

Uncle Tuna and my seester

Chris, Matt and Adrian, Mark (Di's boy) and Chase (Kendall's boy)

Drew and Ally, parents-to-be!
My sweaty, goofy child who managed to survive the delayed nap schedule
This morning was the second after-party, a brunch at Aunt Boo's house. (I know, she's absolutely crazy to host a brunch the morning after her daughter's wedding... I told you she was Martha Stewart version 2.0.) It was fun because I was able to actually meet and speak to Matt's family, along with viewing the bridal portraits and the dress up close. My out-of-town family had already hit the road, but the locals were there and we were able to gush some more with Aunt Boo and Uncle Bernie. I love weddings, especially in the family! Looking forward to some more... maybe one day...

No comments: