 |
| My gorgeous cousin Anne, the princess bride |
|
This weekend has been a whirlwind of family, friends, and wedding bliss! My beautiful cousin Princess Anne was wed to her college beau Matthew yesterday at noon. I was proud to have Chris, Noah and I, plus all our luggage (Noah's entertainment, etc.) to the church early... but was quickly dejected when I turned on my camera and saw this lovely message: NO SD CARD. It was still in the computer. Translation: can't take pictures because there is nothing to store them on. Kind of like not having film in your camera, for you old-schoolers. My best solution is to hijack my cousin Kendall's pictures from facebook (and I'm a bit disappointed that there are very few pictures from the wedding up so far!) and steal a few off the internet, to give you an idea of the day.
 |
| Anne and her mom Barby, my dad's sister (at the bridal luncheon) |
|
 |
| Anne and Matt the day before the wedding |
 |
| Three of my cousins: Kendall, Anne and Adrian. Kendall and Adie were the maid and matron of honor, respectively. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
I call this the true royal wedding because it was more elegant, regal, and possibly even
attended than a recent famous wedding. I believe there were 450 guests... they were married at high noon at the church where Anne grew up and where her dad is a minister, the same church where Adrian and Matt were married in January. The ceremony was beautiful and simple; the music consisted of a string quartet and solos by two of Anne's friends. The ring bearer and flower girl were her twin cousins (on her dad's side) and were absolutely precious. (On our way to the church, I was telling Noah we were going to Anne's wedding, and he asked where his pillow was. I had to explain that he could watch another little boy be the ring bearer this time.) Anne's DRESS was absolutely fabulous! You can read the description in the announcement from the
Star-Telegram. I can't rival that description!
The reception was held at the Fort Worth City Club, and was so big they used two ballrooms to seat everyone. The food was absolutely delicious--some type of chicken, mashed potatoes, broccolini, salad, hors d'ouevres, and, of course, wedding cake and Sprinkles cupcakes in lieu of a groom's cake!
Anne and Matt left today for their honeymoon in New York City.
 |
| Internet pic of the City Club ballroom. We didn't even have a buffet--we were served at our seats! Ah, the life. |
|
 |
| Fort Worth City Club, where the reception was held |
 |
| Anne and Matt with Matt's brothers |
 |
Sprinkles cupcakes! These were second only to the bride and groom in popularity
|
|
|
 |
| The bride and groom are whisked away in a limo |
In case you're wondering (another cousin?! I know), Anne is the daughter of Barby (my dad's sister, #6 in the line-up--a.k.a. "Aunt Boo") and Bernie. Aunt Barby is an attorney, which is kind of funny because Anne's husband Matt is in law school as well! They will live in Austin for awhile until he finishes school. Anne graduated from SMU (boo... hiss...) with an Art History degree. She'll probably be a famous art historian or curator or something, and we are all positive that Matt will be a Senator or White House Chief of Staff in a few years. Anne is only 21 years old! Okay, almost 22. Still, she's younger than my baby sister, which is so crazy weird. I actually remember when Anne was born; she is probably the oldest of my cousins about whom I can say that. Growing up, Anne always had the most incredible birthday parties! I specifically remember one cowgirl birthday where ponies were rented for us to ride in her backyard. Plus, Aunt Boo is the Martha Stewart in our family, only she puts Martha to shame. She is the ultimate hostess and has become the go-to Christmas (and every other holiday) hostess in my dad's family. She's probably the only person I know who will host 50+ people and still use all the china, crystal, silver, etc. instead of busting out the Chinet. Anyway, all this tells you why we knew this wedding would be the wedding of the century! Of course, the best part about it all was witnessing Matt and Anne exchange vows and knowing that they are two of the sweetest, most kindhearted people and deserve all the happiness we could wish for them.
Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Olson!
1 comment:
Wonderful commentary and great photos of the wedding and parties. Thanks for posting.
Post a Comment