7.10.2011

Fabulous Floors

This weekend has been an amazing weekend of... manual labor. Chris and I bought the flooring for our house last week and got started Friday night. Ah, I remember the good ol' days of going out, seeing a movie, hanging with friends on a Friday night... anyway, we worked for a few hours Friday, tearing out the original linoleum and carpet.

Chris tries to look busy taking out linoleum

Good riddance
I know, you might be thinking, "Original? The house is only 4 years old." Trust me, between our cat, dogs, and 2-year-old, plus the fact that it's terrible builder carpet to begin with, it has earned the right to be called original as if we've lived there thirty years. Saturday, Chris worked hard all day on the house while Noah and I went to a friend's birthday party, then came home to help.

See, I really did help
Our friend Joe came over as well, so we got quite a bit of the linoleum scraping done then. Today, after church, we started laying the planks! Joe came back (apparently didn't get enough the first day) and was a lot of help with the furniture-moving, heavy lifting, and mediating between Chris and me (we don't work well together).
Chris scores the vinyl plank

The first plank! So exciting!

Finished the utility room with Joe's help

A good first day's work! Stephanie inspects our progress.

We are about to collapse tonight but plan to get back to work when Chris gets home tomorrow, and are aiming to have the house somewhat put back together before next weekend. Yikes!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Amazing anad hard work you both did. It looks beautiful. want to come do my house now!!

Angela said...

Um, no. But you can come help, and learn how to do it yourself! My aunt did her entire house alone! :)