8.14.2011

Fed Up

I am sitting here in my 88-degree house because our air conditioning unit has now failed. This is the second time this summer we have had to call someone to come and service our HVAC, and more importantly, to tell us that our home builder FOX & JACOBS of CENTEX HOMES, recently purchased by PULTE GROUP, installed an HVAC system that is too small for our house. That's right, two independent professional service technicians told us that our unit, a 2.5-ton Lennox system, is undersized for our 1,650 square foot house, and not just a little... it should be 3.5 tons (one ton per 500 square feet). It absolutely sickens me that home builders are such unscrupulous cheats. In fact, I just finished composing letters to Centex Homes and Pulte Group, Inc., plus various CEOs and the like. I also tracked down the email address of Centex's Director of External Communications, so he'll have a nice little message waiting in his inbox tomorrow morning. I will spare you my entire ranting letter, but here's the closing line:

"I look forward to hearing from you and hope you will seize this opportunity to resolve the problem and amend my estimation of your business practices."

That's my nice way of saying, hope you are looking forward to being contacted by the Better Business Bureau, and I have already filed a complaint with consumeraffairs.com. 

I have decided that I will not rest until Centex Homes replaces my current HVAC unit with a larger one and renews the warranty. That's what they get for trying to pull one over on me. 

No comments: