11.07.2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

Mr. & Mrs. Malejan
I returned home last night from a weekend of celebrations in Houston with my college best friend Kristin and her new husband Brian. Noah was the ring bearer and I read Scripture during the ceremony, so we were at the rehearsal and were invited to the rehearsal dinner. We had a great time with TCU friends--we only get together a few times a year, so it was really special.


Kristin and me... less than 24 hours to go!

Groom and Bride

Brian's dad Todd and his sister Melissa

Our Group from TCU: Erica, Carly, Kristin, me, Angie
Saturday at 5:00, the wedding took place. We were there a little early to prepare for Noah's big moment. It all went smoothly, and the wedding was a beautiful blend of Christian and Jewish traditions. Noah held the hand of the flower girl, Naomi, and made it all the way up the aisle (even though you can see him saying "No" and "Daddy!" in the video). I managed to read the Bible verses with my raspy voice (still recovering from a cold). The reception was a blast, with some great music, delicious food and cake, and typical goofy moments provided by certain college friends.

Angie played the oboe

Brian and his parents Carol and Todd

Kristin's mom and stepdad, Jan and Stan

Kristin's twin sister Jennifer, the maid of honor, sang "How Beautiful" for the processional

Bridesmaids Melissa (Brian's sister), Emily, Erica, Carly
My mom and dad

Kristin's GORGEOUS lace train


One of the Jewish wedding customs
The Kiss!




Noah talking to Melissa and the flower girl

Noah was not invited to be in this picture, but he insisted.

Kristin & Brian's first dance

Noah longingly waits for cake

Kristin and Brian cut the wedding cake
The Horah

Noah hams it up while eating his chocolate cake

Our TCU group: Angela, Angie, Carly, Kristin, Erica, Allison

It's a Tau Beta Sigma tradition to sing our chapter song at weddings... but Kristin was being difficult, so we sang "Friends in Low Places."

I am filled with joy for Kristin and Brian. They are a perfect match and I know they will strive to make their marriage long and loving. Kristin is an extraordinary person whose friendship I value, and Brian is a caring guy with a way of calming and completing Kristin. Congratulations, my friends! Love you!



I only took 312 pictures, so here's a link to the album.

No comments: