11.01.2011

Trick or Treat

Yesterday I took Mom, Jamie and Noah up to Range to see my dad and Stephanie perform with the rest of the accounting floor. Every year, the company makes a big deal out of Halloween--costume contest, entertainment, catered lunch, etc. Usually, my dad takes the day off. Just not his thing, I guess (he's kind of "bah, humbug" about any holiday). This year, though, the CEO is stepping down, so Dad participated since the dance and costumes were all about the CEO. They decided to dress in the costumes he has worn over the years, so Dad was cast as Jimmy Buffett, and Steph had to be a hospital-gowned patient with an exposed rear. Hmm... do I detect a little new-employee hazing?
Stephanie and Jamie, with a little cowboy peeking out

Noah gets some action

The dance--Dad in the red Hawaiian shirt, Steph in the hospital gown behind him



Of course, we took Noah trick-or-treating last night: first, in our neighborhood, then over to Mom and Dad's. I was disappointed at the lack of participation among our near neighbors--I hate that the tradition of trick-or-treating in your own neighborhood seems to be dying, thanks to all the church carnivals and paranoia. The other streets in our neighborhood were better, though. Mom's street was deserted--there were only three houses with porch lights on, and it's a long walk between them!
Noah with his scary jack-o-lantern



Still, I think Noah is a big fan of Halloween. I had trouble getting a posed picture of him as Woody/a cowboy/Jessie, but I think you get the gist.




One last thing, Courtney sent us a video of her taken by her coworkers yesterday. Apparently, she brought in a stuffed "scary man" to work and sat him on the seats at the entrance. Later, a coworker distracted Courtney while another friend dressed in the "scary man" costume and waited. When Courtney got back to her desk, the "scary man" came to life...

Courtney jumps out of her skin

No comments: