Sorry, still haven't taken any pictures lately... we have been getting out and about more, even though some evenings are still pretty blah for me. In the past two weeks, we have been to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo twice with Noah, so I could have brought my camera... but didn't. Sorry. Still, I thought you would appreciate an update and some funny Noah-isms!
Last week, Daddy took Noah to Toys-R-Us to spend his gift card he received from Great-Great Uncle George and Great-Great Aunt Edna. Isn't that sweet? Noah and Daddy have been watching all six Star Wars movies on Blu-Ray (appropriate for a 3-year-old? Not sure) and Noah is OBSESSED with "light savers," as he called them. In fact, I believe he's told me he wants one for his birthday at least 72 times. He even told me where to get it (Target) and what color (red like Darth Vader's). I begged Daddy not to get him a light saber, as we already have animal abuse issues in our house without the addition of a weapon. Instead, they found a good deal on some age-appropriate Star Wars figures and a space ship (technically, a snow speeder from Episode V). He plays with these daily and makes great space ship noises. He has had to compensate for the lack of a light saber by taking the T-ball stand off the base and using it, complete with swishing noises. He's only hit us in the face a few times.
Anyway, last night after Bible class his teacher, Miss Jenny, told me he was regaling them with stories of Toys-R-Us with Daddy and Star Wars. Actually, I think he may have prayed for/about these. She also is amused by the fact that he refers to his shoes by brand name (my Vans, my Sperrys, my Stride Rites...), but I have to say this is how Chris and I refer to them ("Noah, go get your Vans").
I will try to catch him on video reenacting a light saber scene from Star Wars soon.
In baby news, there's not much to report except everyone tells me I am not showing at all yet. I can tell my tummy is protruding a little, but who knows if that's baby or all the extra food I've been eating? According to the internet, baby is about 4" long from crown to rump, weighs about 2 1/2 oz., and can sense light. Like I said, I was hoping to feel much better by now but am still battling the nausea in the evening, plus, recently, tummy aches and a bloated feeling. Not sure what to do about that. My next appointment is Monday, and the next one will be the ultrasound where Noah and Chris will join me to see the baby! Looking forward to that...
1 comment:
I found $2 inflatable life "savors" at target in the party favor section! They are cheap and don't hurt nearly as much.
Post a Comment