Last week at my regular OB/GYN check-up I was thrilled to learn that I was just a tiny bit dilated, one cm. That was at 35 weeks.
Yesterday I went in for an ultrasound with Mom (check that Audrey is in position) and another check-up. The ultrasound tech first confirmed that she was head down, and then remarked something like, "Oh, a good-sized head." Hmm... not exactly what I want to hear! I asked if it was above average size, and she took some measurements and said, "Yeah, that's a big head." Lovely. We got some great looks at her face and profile, hands, feet, etc., and she was being modest but we finally got another look between her legs to put Chris' paranoia at ease (he really doesn't want to paint that nursery AGAIN). After taking all the measurements and calculations, the ultrasound tech nonchalantly said, "Okay, she's measuring at 7 lbs. and 19.3 inches." What?!?! I still have 3 1/2 weeks until my due date! I am trying to remind myself that the estimate is plus or minus a pound. Ignore the plus part. Yikes.
![]() |
| Profile View of Audrey's Head and Hand |
After an uncharacteristically long wait, I learned that my doctor was called away to an emergency so I was passed to another doctor. He confirmed that Audrey is looking pretty big, about a week ahead of schedule, also confirmed by the belly measurement they do on me. Also, he says I am 70% effaced and almost 2 cm. dilated, and her head is at a -2 station! I am getting so excited! Just beginning to wonder if she is going to be my early one. I kept discounting that possibility since Noah was a week late, but he was also only 7 lbs. 9 oz. at birth. At this rate, Audrey will be that tomorrow after I have another ice cream cone or two...


4 comments:
Wow, this is getting very exciting!
omg you are too funny! it's that big Redman head i'm telling you! LOL JK I like the part about the ice cream cone...made me LOL literally!! hahaha
Courtney, you better not be laughing too hard about that big Redman head... it'll come back to get you..
Yay! I am hoping she comes while I am in town so I can kiss her sweet face. Can't wait to meet baby Audrey!
Post a Comment