The chiropractor had me lie down and lay Audrey on her stomach on top of me so he could examine her and make adjustments. While I was getting situated, Noah started spouting off symptoms: "Um... on Sunday... I was achoo-ing... and my toe has a boo-boo from Chick-a-foo-way..." I told Noah we weren't at that kind of doctor. The doc had me raise my arm straight up in the air and told me not to let him pull it toward him as he felt Audrey's back. Apparently, as he got to a certain place on her back, my arm came toward him and he told me this was because of an electromagnetic current (I think that was the phrase) between us and confirmed what he had felt in her spine at that point, so he made an "adjustment." He made a funny exhaling sound and pushed quickly on that spot, and said that fixed it. O-kay. He also made an adjustment on her neck, then we lay her on her back on the table and he did something above her stomach to help with the reflux. And... that was it. Preliminary results are positive... has still spit up some, but both times she nursed and burped, nothing came up! It's usually like a fountain after she eats. Like I said, she's not miraculously cured, but I have noticed a definite difference. Just waiting to see if it lasts.
9.06.2012
A Visit to the Chiropractor
Awhile back, my friend Amber was telling me about her son's chronic ear infections and how nothing seemed to help until she took him to see a chiropractor. It sounded really far out to me, but I have kept that in the back of my mind. She and Bubba came to visit the other day and play with Noah, so Amber and I were talking and I mentioned that Audrey spits up in volumes constantly--after eating, when burping, and even hours after she eats. I just cannot keep her clothes dry or her neck rolls from smelling like sour milk! Plus, I have to wash burp cloths daily--and I have at least 10. Amber said, "Take her to the chiropractor!" and gave me the number of hers. I was really skeptical but figured I'd try it--no different from acupuncture, right?--and scheduled an appointment. I did some reading up on chiropractic and was glad to learn that chiropractors receive a Doctor of Chiropractic degree and are licensed health care providers; they have to complete a residency and pass four sets of national board exams in addition to state board exams. Still, I was a little nervous about submitting my six-week-old to spinal adjustment or whatever the doctor would do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment