9.05.2012

Brotherly Love


Hello!

I took the kiddos to Sears yesterday (I bought a Groupon for a portrait package deal) for our 11:00 portrait session appointment. Well, you know me--nothing can be simple and uncomplicated. I seem to be a magnet for bad customer service experiences. Sure enough, only one person was working, and she was still dealing with the people before me when I arrived. Forty minutes later... I called the number I found for the regional manager and left a friendly message about waiting so long with a finicky newborn and restless toddler. By the time the photographer could finally take the pictures, Audrey was deciding she wanted to nurse and Noah had forgotten all about the bribery for smiling and following directions. We managed to squeeze out a few good pictures over the next two hours (yes, that's right), and I was proud of myself for being quite patient with the photog, who was not the sharpest knife in the drawer, to put it bluntly (pun intended). An example: after I chose my prints, she had to enter my information into a form on the computer. She apparently wasn't required to pass typing in high school, so I watched as she slowly pecked away, and tried to ignore my growling stomach (this was at 2 p.m.). Then she hits some key that deletes the entire form and she starts again. No kidding, I grabbed the keyboard from her and said, "Let me do it." She actually said, "Wow, you did that really fast." Hmm. Then she sheepishly asked, "By the way... did you call my manager?" I told her yes, and that I was frustrated that no one else was working and that it would have been nice to receive a phone call when she was running so late. She then gave me all of my pictures digitally on a CD rather than just one print as specified by my Groupon, perhaps as a peace offering. So, while not really worth the effort, at least I got digital copies and the license to print every shot she took! Just try to ignore the faults and Audrey's red eyes from crying. Instead, note Noah's great smiles despite such a long day and appreciate the poses (which were all my ideas from Pinterest, except for the lame basket pictures). 
















This is what REALLY happens during photo shoots
Someone's getting a bit bored...

No comments: