3.18.2014

Goal!

I went to my Weight Watchers meeting tonight, ready to weigh in, not sure what to expect. Boy, was I thrilled with the number I saw! I surpassed my 10% weight loss goal by a pound, rounding the total out to 15 lbs. since January 7th! I have to say, the number doesn't thrill me as much as the fact that I am two to three sizes smaller than I was a few months ago. I was bummed to no longer fit some of my favorite things, but I got over that about two minutes later. I bought two pairs of pants the other day that are a size two. TWO! I'm thinking the sizes must be a bit bigger than they were when I was in high school, because man, I was never a size two. Anyway, not trying to be super boastful, but just want to encourage anyone else who is thinking about losing weight that it is definitely worth it. Plus, it is unbelievable how much difference a few pounds can make. Honestly, I actually caught myself thinking of how much I would love to eat a doughnut today, but the daily self-denial has paid off, and overall, it really wasn't that hard. Really. The WW app and all the great recipes made all the difference. Now I face six weeks of "maintenance" until I achieve lifetime membership, which means I can use all the tools for FREE! We all know how much I love a bargain!

In other news, a certain 19-month-old learned to climb out of her crib this evening. Let's just say we aren't throwing her a party. We have had two nights in a row of torture--Audrey wakes up sometime between 3 and 4 am, screaming for "MOMMY!!!" and crying hysterically. Look, this ain't my first rodeo, and I know all about not rewarding her by coming in there. I considered myself a pro at the cry-it-out method... until last night. At 3:45 a.m. I rocked her for a few minutes, put her back in the crib, sang a couple songs, and tiptoed out. Five minutes later... it started up again! I was so exhausted from lack of sleep the night before that I managed to doze off during her raging tantrum (this is a good place to point out that she is down the hall, with her door shut and our door shut), but was awakened by Chris huffing and puffing at 4:45, not offering any solutions but just plain mad that he couldn't sleep. He didn't want to use earplugs for fear of missing his alarm. So, needless to say, three out of four of us were up and going at 5 a.m. Tonight, putting Audrey to bed after our routine, she started in on the hysterics (well, it worked last time!) and we just left her to cry. That is, until Chris realized she was standing just inside her door, screaming and pounding on it. Plan B: put her back in the crib--she started to climb out again. Plan C: make a pallet on the floor and lie there next to her--she had her eyes closed and was breathing heavily but still sat up and cried when Mommy got up to leave. Plan D: close the door to her room and just let her exhaust herself--thirty minutes later, I couldn't stand it anymore. Plan E: back in the crib, and lay her back down every time she stood up. Success! Next, lay her head back down every time she sat up. Success! Then, sit on the floor of her room until she finally goes to sleep. It worked for now, but this is NOT going to be my nightly ritual. Cue Chris: toddler bed, here we come!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Way to go on your weight loss! I am so proud of you! Been there on the toddler thing, it will get better…eventually. :)