2.12.2015

Funny, Not Funny

Chris is in West Virginia again this week, so I am yet again flying solo with all the crazy weekday stuff that goes on around here. Monday evening, Drew and Jamie took Noah to hockey practice while Audrey and I hung out at home. Tuesday was Open House at Noah's school, and I may or may not have been recruited to fill a spot on the PTA board... don't ask. Yesterday we were getting ready to go to church and I decided to go ahead and take the trash out. I should mention that Chris stores his hydraulic jack next to my car, and we've had "discussions" about how the long handle of it, which he doesn't bother to remove, has occasionally fallen forward, hitting my car.

So back to the story: as I put the trash can lid back on the can, it fell off, knocking into the handle (which was still attached to the jack, unlike in the above picture). I immediately heard a loud hissing sound and it didn't take long to realize that my tire was going flat--the handle of the jack had exactly struck the fancy tire pressure cap that Honda puts on their valve stems so you can tell at a glance whether your tire is low. 

When I finally found the cap, here's what it looked like:


I called Chris to no avail and got a text that he was at dinner with his coworkers. Oh, how nice.

So then I called my dad, who came over to help with this:


Of course, Chris keeps the components of the air compressor in separate, hidden locations to foil anyone's attempt to fill up a tire, so I was texting him the whole time: "Where's the tube that attaches to the compressor?" "Where's the chuck that fills the tire?" Around this time he tells me to unscrew the silver cap piece that was still on the valve. If I had done this immediately, the tire wouldn't have lost all its air!

Luckily, Dad saved the day by filling up the tire (yes, I really am that clueless) and we were only about fifteen minutes late to church.

Thanks, Dad!!!
I'll leave you with an even funnier gem:

In her Bible class, Audrey was learning about the fruit of the spirit, specifically Peace. Part of the lesson was apparently about sharing. The teacher gave one child a bowl with an apple slice and said, "Callen, will you please share your apple with Kason?" So Callen passes it to Kason. "Kason, will you please share your apple with Audrey?" So Kason passes it to Audrey. "Audrey, will you please share your apple with Oliver?"

Audrey says, "Nope," and pops the apple in her mouth.

I told Oliver after class, "Sorry, buddy; that'll teach you to get in the food line behind Audrey."


2 comments:

Diana @ wonderfully made. said...

LOL at most of this...especially Chris' plot to foil all air-burglars.

Anonymous said...

Hey - air is expensive!