We learned Sunday evening that because of the cold front, rain, and sleet, school was canceled on Monday! I got on the internet right away and found a quick cinnamon roll recipe to start our ice-day morning out right.
Audrey was SO IMPATIENT that she even helped stir--without any prompting. She pulled a chair over and just went to town on the glaze!
Then, she watched them bake. She's lucky I didn't use a yeast recipe--not sure she would have the patience to watch them rise!
Pretty good, I'd say! I wouldn't even bother with the glaze if I were you. They were SUPER sweet!
Next, we checked in with Nana and Mamie, and Daisy and Bart chatted on FaceTime.
I then pulled out the Play-Doh (pretty sure we haven't used it in two years) and the kids made pretend ice cream and Cars.
At around 10:00, we were already running out of ideas, so we invited our neighbor friends Michael and Colton over.
They played in the glow tent:
made a marble track:
...and ate lunch, played super heroes, and watched a movie. It was a fun day!
To our surprise, we found out early Monday evening that school was canceled on Tuesday as well! Even though the temps were going to climb a bit, it wouldn't be happening until midday. Woo hoo!
So this morning, since Audrey keeps begging to go outside and build a snowman, I decided we should go experience a Texas ice storm. It may look like snow, but it's nothing like it!
Years ago I bought this 3T snow suit for a ridiculously cheap price, so it's perfect for a day like today!
And I put on my ski gear for the occasion!
We started out sledding on a lid:
And Audrey learned it was much easier to crawl!
Soon, we upgraded to the trash can lid!
Redneck sledding ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment