What a crazy snow day this turned out to be!
Chris happened to have this Friday off as part of his schedule of longer days and every other Friday off. We knew snow was on its way, but school was still open so Noah rode the bus as normal. However, his district was scheduled for Early Release at noon because teachers had staff development in the afternoon. Chris, Audrey and I met Jamie for breakfast and then ran some errands, but the snow was really coming down and Chris noticed the bridges were getting slick. At 10 a.m., I got a text from the district that said they were immediately closing schools and dispatching buses, so come get the kids or make sure to be home for the bus. We decided the bus would be safest for Noah rather than risking driving with all the crazy parents around the school, so we headed home.
I then got a call from Noah's teacher, confirming that he'd be on the bus. She told me the buses weren't even at the school yet and they had no idea when they would arrive. Chris decided he might as well go get him then, so I texted Noah's teacher. About that time, she texted me back that the district had just cancelled bus services because of the roads, so all kids had to be picked up anyway. I called my neighbor who was home by herself with the triplets and her 3-year-old. Her oldest two are in school with Noah, so I offered that Chris could bring them home, but Cassidy would have to ride in the front. When she agreed, Chris took off but didn't have the tag to prove he was supposed to pick her kids up! Luckily, Noah's teacher is so great that I texted her about the dilemma and she said she'd vouch for us. She rounded up all three and Chris had no trouble getting in and out of the parking lot with a safe and smooth pick-up. The trouble was on his way home--it took him forever because of all the accidents and all the cars sitting in intersections! We all praised God when they arrived home, safe and sound.
Then we celebrated by playing in the snow and building an awesome snowman!
| Audrey enjoyed making tracks through all the yards! |
| Noah got the great idea to taste the snow... |
| ...so then Audrey started tasting the snow. |
No comments:
Post a Comment