If you haven't heard the awesome news, my sister Diana and her husband Mark are EXPECTING!!! This means I will finally be an aunt. I'm ecstatic!
Diana was given the opportunity to have an inexpensive blood test that would tell them quite early whether they were having a boy or girl. She is a little over 14 weeks along, but we wanted to do something fun like she did for me, so Mom and I threw a gender reveal party!
Mark and Diana wanted all of their families invited, plus Diana asked me to include the Redmans (they're kind of like surrogate family to her). Inevitably, kids started dropping like flies just before the party. First, Mark's nephew Mason turned up with Fifth's disease, so none of Mark's sister's family could come. Then, early in the morning, day of the party, Audrey woke up vomiting. I just KNEW Noah would probably be next, so we couldn't risk letting my kids go to the party (there would be other kids there). Unbelievably, within 24 hours, all of Mark and Diana's nieces and nephews were eliminated as party guests. Womp, womp. That doesn't even include my cousin Melanie's daughter Madison, who had a fever and stayed home. Yay, Spring Break!
Anyway, back to the party...
Jamie graciously saved me by helping with food prep. We wore protective gear, so no one would balk when they heard about Audrey's illness!
Diana wanted EVERYONE to be surprised, so Mom found someone outside the family to bake the cake. She did a great job!
| Cake by Buttercream Wishes |
Guests documented their guesses with thumbprints on a keepsake for Di & Mark.
We munched on 7-layer dip, chips, fruit and spinach balls. Nom, nom!
The votes for a boy:
The votes for a girl:
The paparazzi:
The BIG REVEAL!!!

1 comment:
Haha I love your pictures! I didn't even know mom and dad were standing right there!
Post a Comment