3.11.2022

Red River Ski Trip 2022

I know... it has been a SUPER long time since I've posted. I have so much catching up to do!

I can't even do this one justice--want to post lots of the GoPro videos we took, and a few pictures, and maybe eventually come back and tell some stories! We had a fantastic trip over President's Day weekend and it was our kids' first time to ski.

Day One (Friday): Most of the kids took group ski lessons, except for Caleb and Noah. We taught Noah to ski pretty quickly, and then did this fun not-so-"Easy Way Down" green run with Noah, Chris, Joe and me. We waited on one section FOREVER because we lost sight of Joe, who was taking his time on his first time skiing in decades. We started to think something terrible had happened when, out of nowhere, he skiied up behind Chris and Noah and asked, "Who are y'all looking for?" He had actually ended up taking a more challenging way down, while I was waiting for him to come by me on the green run!


On Day Two, Audrey was ready to conquer the base hill after a full day of ski lessons. She was UNBELIEVABLE!


Pretty soon, Audrey was ready to try a true ski run, and the long green at Red River is NOT just a small step up from the base hill. It was challenging!
 
Later, after a ski lift mishap, Audrey was not so sure about this skiing business... but she sucked it up and decided to tackle some tough stuff again. She and Daddy did the Easy Way Down together and she didn't fall a single time!



Day Three, we did a backside green run and then Audrey, Daddy and I did the Easy Way Down together.


Noah, meanwhile, was Mr. Confident but managed to record his own dramatic fall while doing a green run with Joe, Caleb, Levi and Dad.


Finally, on the last day, Noah, Chris, Caleb and Levi tackled some challenging blue runs and Chris recorded one of them.













No comments: