7.24.2008

lazy days of summer

My surgery went well and it has now been a week to the day. Luckily, the pain subsided quickly and I have been off Vicodin since Sunday. It's almost worse now, though, because I feel pretty good so it is much more frustrating to spend my days on the couch. My mom and Jamie and some others have still been helping us out and we feel really appreciative, because I think Chris would be pulling his hair out if he had to take care of all these things after coming home from work. The most difficult part is actually my loss of appetite since the accident. I thought the medication was the problem, but I still haven't felt like eating much. Normally, I wouldn't worry about it, but with the baby I feel like I have to eat. I haven't gained any weight in five weeks, unless you count the cast. I just pray that my pregnancy is normal and I won't need bedrest or something, because I think I would scream!

On a positive note, Chris is playing on a little hockey team at lunch time at work. It's good because he gets his exercise and I don't have to listen to grandiose plans of starting hockey teams for "only a few hundred dollars" anymore. He has joined the gym at work and hopefully will be able to work out a few days a week... and keep off the sympathy weight!

No comments: