7.02.2008

A crazy busy week!

Last week I worked as an instructor at the UTA Drum Major Camp that I attended when I was in high school! It was a lot of fun being on the "other side," but also very exhausting for this pregnant lady. We started a little before 9 a.m. every day and ended around 5:30 or 6:00, not including the extra time we spent helping drum major teams prepare for the conducting challenge. Whew! But I survived without my nap and with only 1-2 snacks between meals--something I never could have done in the first trimester. The camp was Sunday-Thursday, and then we went camping at Lake Whitney Friday-Sunday. We had great weather: hot but breezy and cool at our sites right on the shore. The dogs didn't behave as well as I would have liked; I'm working on getting them to learn "hush," but I did have fun watching them run and swim in the lake. Chris keeps reminding me that we can't bring the dogs everywhere once Noah is here; I think he's really looking forward to having that excuse. For some reason, he hates taking those two, even though I'm the one who does all the work with them. *Sigh* I thought I married a dog-lover!

In baby news, I have been feeling Noah move for over two weeks now, and a week ago, Chris was able to feel him! At night he starts moving around like crazy and kicking pretty hard, considering he was only 18-19 weeks along. Last night, Diana felt him give her a good swift kick. Maybe he's like her and kicks when he's woken up. I am 20 weeks now... halfway through! It's becoming more real now that he has a name and a gender, and especially now that my cousin Melanie is in labor with her baby as we speak! It wasn't that long ago that she was barely showing. YIKES! What I really love is what my mom told me today. If Mel has her baby today, that's 5 months to the day after Braydon (Christa's baby). So, to keep on schedule, Mom thinks I should have Noah on December 2nd. HELLO! That's 12 days after my due date! No, thank you.

No comments: