7.09.2008
What a Weekend!
Well, my favorite holiday turned out to be quite exciting this year. After the parade, swimming, and blowout fireworks at the Redmans' house, I got to take a trip to the ER. I rolled my ankle when stepping out of the garage and immediately knew I had broken it. I could see my foot dangling to the side in a very unusual position, and then the pain came. 911 was called and the ambulance came; I was loaded onto a stretcher and taken to Huguley Hospital with sirens and everything. They rushed me to the hospital because they elected to forgo any pain medication, not knowing what would be safe for the baby. That was definitely the most painful thing I've ever been through, but I managed to stay pretty calm. When we got to the hospital I was given some morphine, but I think they were holding back because it didn't seem to do much good. We were there from 10 p.m. till about 2:30 a.m. having X-rays (both my left fibula and tibia are fractured at the ankle) and wrapping my entire leg in a "soft" temporary cast. The cast goes almost to my hip and really limits my mobility, as you might imagine. The hospital staff also informed me that I will have to have surgery and pins to set the bones. All this is really great news, when I consider how careful I was not to drink caffeine to avoid any effects on the baby. Hmm, can't be worse than the Vicodin I'm on 24/7. But hey, so far everything is going okay and multiple doctors have assured me that Noah is fine. Keep me in your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment