2.01.2011

A Field Trip

Yesterday Mom and I took Noah to the GM plant in Arlington where they make Suburbans, Tahoes, and many other GM vehicles. The plant has an open house this week only and is giving tours and allowing test drives. We met my friend Kelly, her mom, and her two kids, Caleb and Levi. We stood in a really long line to get in...
Waiting in the cold...

and more lines while we looked at cars and the history of the plant...
Our group


Looking at a 1954 Pontiac


until finally we got to ride a tram that took us on a 20-minute tour of the floor. We got to see the assembly line where they make the cars (something like 1100 a day!) and even saw a few of the robots.



 After the tram ride, Noah got to sit in Dale Earnhart Jr's race car from a couple of years ago. They also had a pace car and some other GM vehicles there. All in all, I think Noah had a great time!
Noah and Nana looking at an engine


Ski Trip Part 2 coming soon!

2 comments:

Toye Story said...

Since I didn't make the tour, at least I get to see the pics!! Thanks for going with us.

Angela said...

we had lots of fun! Sorry you had to leave early :(