3.07.2011

Weary from the Weekend

Hello!


Noah, Chris and I had a very busy, full, and fun weekend. It started Thursday when Noah's 4-year-old friend Caleb came over to spend the night while his parents went out of town. We stayed home but did lots of fun things, like going to the new playground in our neighborhood, eating pancakes on Friday morning, and playing across the street with our 3-year-old neighbor Colton and his grandma. Colton has a Power Wheels truck, so the boys took turns driving that, but then Noah discovered that he could ride his Tow-Mater truck even faster down the driveway! Here are a few videos from Friday:

Noah embraces speed

Noah looks on as Colton and Caleb toss beanbags

Friday evening, Noah went to Nana and Pandy's house and spent the night so Chris and I could have a date night. We went to a yummy sushi place in this new development in Fort Worth near downtown, then to Movie Tavern to see The Adjustment Bureau (great movie, btw). That area of FW is now one of my favorites--it's very chic without being snobby, and all the restaurants I've tried so far are great!


Saturday, I went to the Just Between Friends (JBF) sale in Fort Worth with my mom. If you've never heard of this sale, it is AMAZING. The idea is like a huge garage sale for babies' and children's items, plus things for moms like maternity clothes and nursing accessories. They sell everything from clothing to furniture to yard toys. By "they," I really mean we--it's open for anyone to sell their items. A portion of sales goes back to the organization, but the whole thing is so organized that it's usually worth it. I have consigned things, shopped, and even volunteered now for a couple of years. I won't go into more detail--it would bore you, but if you're interested, go to the website Just Between Friends. Anyway, I got all of this for great prices Saturday:
Shirts, shorts, and puzzles from Saturday at JBF
The most expensive thing I bought was the Tonka puzzle book for $7
Plus, Mom bought us a backpack carrier to use when we are camping and hiking. We already had one, but Noah's such a chunk that Chris complained that the other one was not structured and padded enough for Noah's weight. The new one Mom got was $12 and is very well made and lightweight. You'll see a picture of it a little further down!


Saturday afternoon I met Chris and Noah at Colton's third birthday party, where Noah completely wore himself out in time to go straight home for a nap. That evening, Jimmy and Courtney stopped by with a surprise...


any guesses?


Okay, don't get too excited. Jimmy bought a rabbit! Her name is Juneau and she wears a "jacket," as Noah calls it.
Juneau in her "jacket"


Juneau is the bravest, tamest rabbit I've ever seen! She was unfazed by an awkward two-year-old petting her and seemed really relaxed for a rabbit who had been taken from her environment, walked on a leash, bathed, and thrust into the hands of a little boy all in one day. I'm already having visions of adorable Easter pictures...

Here are a few pictures of Noah with Juneau (whom he now asks about when he sees Courtney or Jimmy):


 


Jimmy's a daddy!


Besides playing with Juneau, Noah got to relax and read a book or two while Uncle Jimmy carried him around in the new-to-us backpack carrier.


As it got late, Jimmy and Courtney said goodbye and walked Juneau out on her leash.

I promised I wouldn't put this on facebook...
Sunday morning, after church and lunch with my parents, I took Noah to their house and came back in time to see Chris off to the airport (another business trip to West Virginia), then I was off to LTC chorus practice at the church building, then to a 6 p.m. call time for our 7 p.m. Mansfield Wind Symphony concert. Whew!

Today I went back to JBF with Jamie and Kelly because it was HALF PRICE DAY! People sometimes wonder if I spend a lot of money on Noah's clothes, but this is one of my secrets. I have no qualms about buying secondhand! On the last day of JBF's sale, everything that is not marked with a star is half-price. That means I got all of the clothes and the computer below for a combined $32.

This "desktop PC" was $12.50! The PJ's were $1.50, shortalls $6, and shirts $1.50 and $2.50
These shirts and shorts were all under $2
 Jamie found some great toys and puzzles, too. The three of us met Mom and Noah and Aunt Stephanie for lunch, then Noah went home with Jamie and Steph because I have a MWS recording session tonight. I guess you can say I keep busy when Chris is away.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What an exhausting few days! You are quite the shopper for deals! Miss yo uguys, was so good to see Noah the other day ... well Chris also but Noah is as cute as ever! he even asked where Jims truck was and we hadn't seen him since New Years! smart kiddo.