I feel I should explain myself...
Or am I being egocentric in thinking that people might be wondering where I am?
Oh, well. I am now almost 12 weeks along in this pregnancy and barely treading water... it has been a rough one with the nausea and so on; I won't go into details. Just a few days before Christmas, my system just got stuck on this cycle of not keeping anything down so I went on a liquid diet and lots of prescriptions to try to manage it. It worked, except now I'm back to "only" getting sick every evening, which is lots of fun for Chris when he comes home from work...
I'm trying to be optimistic and accomplish lots of things during the hours in which I feel basically normal, which doesn't leave much time (or energy) for blogging, facebook, or even checking emails. I have lots of pictures, videos and stories to share from Christmas and our trip to San Angelo last week, and I will get those on here soon (I hope).
Anyway, on a positive note, Chris and I are very excited about this baby. We have been wanting to have a second for awhile, and in God's time we found out I was pregnant! Noah will be 3 years, 8 months old when this one comes in late July (due July 21st). We are both kind of pulling for a girl (me, mostly because I would like to feel completely content with only having two children and it would probably help to have a boy and a girl). However, I love having a little boy and it would be so easy (?) to have another--I would have a hard time parting with many of the boy things I saved that Noah wore or used only once or twice! Plus, I would probably leave the nursery as it is, for the most part. So, we will be thrilled whether this one is a boy or a girl. I had my first appointment and ultrasound on December 15th, and was uplifted by the sight of "Peanut" (as we refer to this one until we know the sex) and the sound of his/her heartbeat! So amazing. That was only at almost 9 weeks along, too. The next few appointments will be routine checks, once a month, until about 20 weeks where we will do another ultrasound and hopefully learn the sex! My sister wants to have a "gender reveal" party in which we have someone bake a cake, either pink or blue, and then frost it so no one sees the color until it is cut into. This would mean that Chris and I would not find out what we're having at the ultrasound; the sonographer would just write it down on a card and seal it in an envelope for us to take to the bakery. Then, everyone comes to the party wearing pink or blue, representing their guess as to the gender of the baby! It will take a little willpower on my part, but I think it will be lots of fun.
Not giving away middle names yet until they are finalized, but we like Case for a boy and Audrey for a girl.
In other news, Jimmy and Courtney set their wedding date for June 30th; my cousin Kendall just got engaged and is tentatively planning a wedding in September, and my sister and Mark are getting married November 10th! This will be quite a year for celebrating, and Peanut will be quite the wedding connoisseur. Not to mention, Noah is now booked for his third and fourth ring bearer gigs.
Anyway, will do my best to get pictures and videos on here soon. Love to everyone--
2 comments:
Hopefully you will start feeling better in the next couple weeks. I am too lazy to do the math right now, would twenty weeks happen to fall in March? We will be in Texas for part of the month and I would love to come to that party! :)
Angela! SO happy you posted! I always check your blog and when you post, it brightens my day! You not posting lately = a bummed Coco :( I'm sooo excited for little peanut!! and i LOVE the names y'all picked!! I can't wait for the gender party!! And I can't wait for all the weddings/baby excitement of 2012! (not 2013!) haha Anyway, when you have time and feel OK, check out FB...Jimmy and I have some engagement pics up that my uncle took! See you soon!
Post a Comment