11.19.2012

T-day Minus Three

Today was as good a day as any to brave the grocery store. I don't know when all the nuts that come out around the holidays normally do their grocery shopping, but I resent that they descend upon my Kroger at my regular time and turn it into a complete circus! I parked my car today and was getting Audrey out in her baby carrier when a man in his 60's, blaring lite rock from his truck with the windows down, starts cackling and yells, "That looks like a Christmas basket!" O-kay...

Then, as I'm walking toward the store, some crazy lady in a minivan comes tearing into a parking spot from the wrong direction, so her rear tire bounces on the curb (it was a spot next to the cart return) and she has to gun it to get over the curb. Then her rear fender scrapes against the curb as she rolls off. The man with the music starts cracking up, still waiting to get to a parking spot. Then, before I'm even in the grocery store, this happens...


Yeah, it was apparently on purpose. You see, all the handicap spots were full, so an older gentlemen just took matters into his own hands. Now THAT'S a primo parking spot!

Halfway through my shopping trip, Mr. Lite Rock comes up to me and says, "I thought I'd seen it all until I saw that lady hit the curb and then that guy park on the sidewalk! HA!" And I politely respond, "Yeah, it's a nuthouse today!" And you're one of them...!

Fortunately, we survived the trip and made it home for a calm afternoon of taking fun pictures of Audrey while Noah napped. Here are my favorites!

Trying for a specific pose...

This one!
Love these toes and chunky thighs



No comments: