7.27.2012

Shhhh...

See, you get exclusive details by reading my blog! I have kept it quiet today, but we actually went to the hospital this morning. Unfortunately, they sent me home! I woke up around 3:45 a.m. with back pain and began timing contractions when they weren't subsiding. They were not that painful but definitely in my back and a dull ache, similar to what I experienced with Noah. About 5:30 I called Mom and she came over to hang out with Noah, and Chris and I headed up to the hospital after 6:00. The contractions weren't super-close or painful, but they were fairly regular at 6-8 minutes apart. When I got there, my cervix still wasn't dilating any more and even after walking for 30 minutes, nothing was changing. Also, the contractions were not really indicating labor, according to the nurse. I wasn't sure what that meant and was really bummed to be sent home. I passed the time getting a pedicure with Stephanie and walking at the mall a bit, and managed to get a nap, but am still experiencing contractions, just more painful! I called my OB/GYN's nurse and she thinks delivery may still happen in the next 24 to 48 hours but I just need to have "productive" contractions that actually are accomplishing something. In the meantime, yay for random, painful contractions that apparently don't serve much purpose.

I haven't really told a lot of people because the way this pregnancy has gone, I'll probably just have painful contractions for a week until I am finally induced. This girl better not be this much trouble for the rest of her life! Ack!

1 comment:

coco said...

I hope you have her tonight!! I want to meet her already! :-))