GROCERIES:
store-bought guacamole (or make your own, but Kroger had a special, $2.99 for a lb. of fresh guac!)
frozen corn
large, burrito-size flour tortillas
chicken breasts (I used 3 and it lasted for 2 meals)
light sour cream
low-sodium can of black beans
fajita seasoning
jasmine rice (I have a huge tub of this... love it!)
bunch of cilantro
shredded Monterey Jack
large lime
cumin (if it's not already in your pantry, it should be!)
pico de gallo or salsa (we actually didn't end up using it, so I'd say it's optional)
chopped lettuce (ditto--kind of just realized I forgot to use this. Oh well.)
HERE WE GO:
- I used a cup of rice and two cups of water. Put them in a saucepan and bring to a boil. While this is happening, chop up your cilantro pretty small (or use a cool herb chopper like the Williams-Sonoma one Stephanie gave me!) and get your lime prepped for squeezing. When the water starts boiling, turn the heat down to simmer and add the cilantro, squeeze that whole lime in there, throw in a dash of cumin and some salt & pepper, cover, then just follow the directions on the rice for simmering and so on. THIS RICE WILL MAKE IT OR BREAK IT! It was so yummy!
- While the rice is simmering, chop up the raw chicken breasts into bite-size pieces, heat up some oil in a skillet, and cook the chicken. Add some of the fajita seasoning--just eyeball it--and some water, per package directions.
- Heat up about 2 c. corn and the black beans in the microwave.
- Warm up your tortillas (optional--you can always do the "burrito bowl")
- Make your bowl just like you would at Chipotle! It completely satisfied my craving, AND I got to have it two nights in a row without picking out browned chunks of guacamole (like I usually do with my Chipotle leftovers)!
2 comments:
Good idea! Sounds yummy!
Very yummy! I want to try making the rice- I always forget to buy jasmine rice- it is so good!
Post a Comment