College football, in my book, OFFICIALLY began on Saturday with TCU's opening game vs. LSU at Cowboys stadium. Even though we weren't taking the kids ($70 a seat?! I don't think so!), we dressed them for the occasion and went to the park so I could hopefully get a couple of posed pictures.
 |
| This is about the best I could get. |
 |
| Audrey, a.k.a. Popeye, kept running away and laughing! |
 |
| Noah's doing his best to cooperate. Audrey, not so much. |
 |
| Audrey's face is red from crying because she was forced to sit still! |
After the photo shoot fail, we let the kids play at the park and I got some fun candids:
 |
| Check out those baby Toms! Courtesy of Mamie |
Saturday night, Chris and I (and Uncle Sonny) met up with my cousins David and Melanie, who were unfortunately rooting for LSU, and made our way to the stadium. Our seats were with college friends Carly and Jeff and John and Lindsey, and it was quite a view! The game was really great, a close nail-biter, and I felt proud that TCU held with LSU the whole game, despite the obvious advantage of depth and SEC recruiting clout favoring LSU. We lost by ten at the very end, but were within three points with about five minutes to go. Hopefully, it bodes well for an undefeated season in the Big 12 for TCU!
No comments:
Post a Comment