Saturday evening Chris and I went to a wedding reception of a coworker of his. We had been looking forward to this for months! She married a prominent plastic surgeon in Cabo and wanted to have a reception in Dallas, so they had quite the shindig at The Highland hotel. The theme was "Great Gatsby" or 1920s style, so I found a dress on eBay and a headband and accessorized from my own collection. Chris had the perfect hat already; we found him a shirt, tie and vest (BOGO) at my favorite place to shop, "Dirty Dillard's."
 |
| I look skeptical... Noah took this picture with my good camera! |
The reception was everything I hoped for and more! Lots of photo ops, everyone dressed up, an impossibly gigantic cake (really, impossible--most of it was fake!), delicious appetizers, thematic cocktails, an AMAZING meal from a famous chef, top-notch entertainment, and great favors. Oh, and a happy couple, of course!
 |
| On our way to Richardson! |
 |
| The "Cake" |
 |
| Centerpieces were GORGEOUS! |
 |
| Our menu (Chris got the steak; I got the trout) |
 |
| Dessert! Decadent |
 |
| So the DJ was also an electric violinist and a singer... |
Congratulations to Elsinore and Sam! Thanks for a fun evening out!

Oh, and thanks to Mark and Diana for giving our kids a memorable evening! Audrey prayed the next night that God would let her go to Di-Di's house again and have a Ring Pop soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment