Just wanted to get this post in before all the Easter hooplah...
A couple of nights ago I went to the mall with Jamie and Brittany as a spur-of-the-moment thing, and the Easter bunny happened to be there! We took Noah for a visit, and he was not in the least bit shy. He sat up there next to the (somewhat strange and creepy) Easter bunny and chatted away.
Yesterday and today, the annual Leadership Training for Christ convention was held at a huge hotel at the airport. This convention hosts events and challenges for third through twelfth grades, from things like Service Challenge, Bible Bowl, and Scripture reading to song leading, art, drama and puppets. Last year, there were over 6000 students participating. WOW! That gives you an idea of how big and crowded this convention is.
When I was in high school, I participated in several events at LTC, but my favorite was always Chorus. Now that I can no longer be a part of it, I have managed to be involved with the chorus almost every year after graduating. This year, I was the only coordinator signed up to lead the group, but I quickly recruited some amazing adult helpers from our congregation who contributed so much to the group. We had twelve kiddos from third through twelfth grade, and we taught them tenor, alto, and soprano. We started back in January and whittled it down to five songs in eight minutes, the time limit. The theme of LTC this year was "Coming Soon" from Revelation 22:20, so all of our songs pertained to Jesus' return to earth. This is kind of long, but it is our full performance (7:29), of which I am immensely proud. These kids and teens worked really hard every Sunday to learn parts, memorize words, fine-tune, enunciate, use dynamics, and so much more. Plus, they had to put up with me and my perfectionism! I hope you have a chance to play the video and listen to the great job they did on these difficult songs and hymns. All a Capella, too!
1 comment:
Angela, congratulations to you and the group. You are wonderful. Thanks you....
Post a Comment