4.26.2011

Lupinus Texensis

What is it about Texans that we can't resist pulling over on a freeway and jumping out of the car to plop the kids in the middle of a wild patch of bluebonnets for a picture every spring? Why are bluebonnets such a big deal here in Texas?
NOT my picture. I wish.
 According to historian Jack Maguire, "The bluebonnet is to Texas what the shamrock is to Ireland, the cherry blossom to Japan, the lily to France, the rose to England and the tulip to Holland."

So, in keeping with tradition, Mom, Noah and I went down the street from my parents to the yard of their gracious neighbors, who allow the bluebonnets to bloom each spring and invite the neighborhood kids to come for pictures. 

Here are a few of my favorites, and please click the last picture to view the entire album. Happy Spring!




Lest you think all his pictures are so good, here's a sample of some of the faces I get...

Goofball


Bluebonnets

No comments: