4.05.2011

Toe Update

Chris went to the doctor yesterday and had an X-ray of his big toe. Sure enough, he has a tiny avulsion fracture at the joint. The doctor said she didn't think an orthopedist would want to do surgery (ha!), so he had a few options: let it be & wear normal shoes, wear some kind of strange flat shoe with velcro and open toes, or wear a walking boot like I wore when I broke my ankle. We opted for the third, since his shoes are really hurting him and he can't walk much. The only boot they had in his size goes up to his knee, so I thought that was pretty funny. He's supposed to wear it for about 3 weeks or so, then see how it goes from there. Now we have to hire someone to do our yard work, and Chris can't play the rest of the hockey season he paid for. Not to mention, he still has to figure out how to get that dent out of my car. Do you think he'll remember to be more patient next time???

No comments: